Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hunting Lil Ghosties, Part 2

Hello everybody and a happy Tuesday to you!  It's an absolutely perfect day here in GA, so I'm hoping everyone else is enjoying some sunshine, too.
 Today I'm continuing with a few ideas about paranormal investigations.  To me the more important thing about an investigation is that you never know what might happen.  You may sit around all evening, accomplishing nothing but getting really bored.  Or the very next minute, you could get touched, pinched, slapped, or punched by some unknown spirit.  It's the not knowing what could happen, and the great possibilities of the whole thing that keeps me going.  You have to consider that even small events are really a big deal.  An orb floating across the room, a clear EVP(electronic voice phenomenon), a light touch on the cheek from someone who really isn't there.  On a recent investigation,  the leader of our group and I were in a basement and closed some cabinet doors to see if a spirit might re-open them at some point in the evening. These cabinet doors were firmly closed, not something that would open on their own, unless maybe during an earthquake.  Hey, we are in GA, we don't get earthquakes here!  Later in the evening, my hubby and I went to the basement to check things out and both the cabinet doors were open!
I don't know how this happened and haven't seen the films yet that were made in this room.  Maybe they will show something exciting, or maybe we will never know what happened.  That's the fun of paranormal investigations, people!
  Now a few words about things that are not so much fun about investigations.  My first and only warning is that you must always go prepared and spiritually protected on investigations!   The prepared part is easy: wear old and comfortable clothes and shoes.  You might be exploring dirty basements, barns, old empty houses, and places with rats or spiders.  Make sure you carry a good flashlight with you at all times and wear a cap or scarf on your head.  Spider webs are not fun if you walk into them in the dark! The spiritually protected part is a different but equally, if not more, important thing.  Even if you think you are just going on a fun adventure with your friends to a supposedly haunted place, have a few laughs, then head home, it could turn out quite differently.  I have seen people get very sick to the point of passing out, have slap marks on their  cheeks, and feel that they had been pinched or punched during investigations.  These have all been very real events, occupanied by very real pain or nausea.  The atmosphere in haunted places can effect the human body greatly, whether you are psychically sensitive or not.  You might even find yourself "taking something" home with you, such as a wandering spirit, or some very negative feelings.  So you can see that if really pays to protect yourself on a spiritual basis before you go. 
  It doesn't matter what your religious or spiritual beliefs are, I still advise you to wear or carry some kind of spiritual protection with you on an investigation.  The typical things you might use could be a cross if you are Christian, a Star of David maybe if you are Jewish, a pentacle if you are pagan.  There are many other things you can use for protection such as a crystal, a necklace with an image of your favorite saint, or anything that feels warm and protective to you.  Please don't ever go on an investigation without some protective device, even if you are a big strong man who isn't afraid of anything in this world.  Remember, it's the other world we are dealing with!
  As an example of all this, hubby and I were on a  outing about a year ago, in a small town that was having a little festival and tour of a big southern mansion.  I had no idea the house was haunted or had any kind of feeling there. I just love historic homes and this was a beautiful place.  There were a number of people on the tour and a guide in costume.  I enjoyed the tour and all the historic info, until we reached one room upstairs. My husband was standing by some very steep stairs and I was suddenly seized by the feeling that he was going to fall down them.  I made him move away, and then started feeling absolutely sick at my stomach, for no reason.  I had felt great all day, until that very moment.  I could barely stand upright, had to leave the tour, and get my husband to help me downstairs.  We left the house and I felt some better.  By the time we went across the street to our car, I felt almost back to normal.  I am certain this was because of some kind of strong negative energy in the house, not for any other reason.  This has happened to me before in haunted places, but I wasn't prepared for it that day.  I usually wear a necklace of crystal beads that I have blessed, as protection on investigations.  I just wasn't wearing it that day!
  My next blog will continue about ghosts, and then I will move onto a new topic.  Please do post your comments and questions. Blessings to you all from Psykiksister.

No comments:

Post a Comment