Monday, March 11, 2013

Hunting Lil Ghosties

Hello people, and I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday.  Today our topic is paranormal investigations also known as ghost hunts.  This is an activity I have been involved in for many years, in a couple of different ways.  First, I have led a number of investigations as a part of psychic development classes that I teach.  We call these investigations, "field trips", and their purpose is to allow class members to expand their psychic awareness in supposedly haunted places.  We had a lot of fun with these field trips over the years and went to several states for investigations.
These were strictly low tech investigations, with none of the fancy equipment you see on the paranormal investigation TV shows.  Usually we had a few cameras, a voice recorder, and paper and pen to write down what we felt. We were trying to "feel" these haunted places, and communicate with the spirits in a psychic way.  I have taught and worked with many very talented psychic people over the years and it was always such a treat for us to do these investigations together.
  I am now a member of a much different paranormal investigation group.  This group is more like the kind you see on TV, with high tech equipment and that is looking for more scientific  proof of ghosts.  Many investigation groups don't want psychics involved in their work, so I had to talk to several groups before I was allowed to join.  My husband who is a high tech kind of guy, is quite interested in the scientific proof angle of the whole thing.  He has been amazed at some of the things that have happened on the investigations.  I'm afraid I'm still very low tech, however.  While everyone else if busy using their video cameras, or making EVPs, etc, I usually just wander around feeling the atmosphere.  I use dowsing rods, pendulums, do automatic writings, and generally just try to speak to the spirits.
  Not all places that have a haunted reputation, or that I have investigated have been haunted however.  Investigations can be very boring, with nothing happening but long hours of sitting around and trying not to fall asleep.  You might be sitting in a dusty, cluttered basement for quite some time, hoping to hear just one little bump in the night, or see one orb.  Of course we are all hoping to see the full blown total body apparition on every investigation.  Those of few and far between.  I have been lucky enough to see full apparitions a few times, though I warn you, it may not seem "lucky" when it happens.  It's darn scary, people! 
  On one of my earlier investigations, I opened a closet just to look in, not really expecting to see anything there.  Surprise, surprise, there was a young male spirit(like a teen-ager) staring a me with a big, sly grin on his face!  I guess he thought it was amusing to shake up people whenever he could.  I saw this spirit clearly, and though I could tell he was a ghost, he still looked pretty darn solid. I thought I was going to faint, couldn't speak for a few minutes and nearly passed out on the floor.  I'm sure ghostie really enjoyed the whole thing!
  My next post will be about ghosts again and a few more ideas about paranormal investigations.  Do please post your questions, and I will try to answer them.
  Blessings to you all from Psykiksister.

3 comments:

  1. Have you found that your psychic impressions are usually validated by other members detection equipment, on your investigations?

    What equipment would you recommend for first time ghost hunters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I just had a call a few minutes ago from a man who totally validated one of my psychic impressions during a "walk-through" at a haunted place. He did some EVPs(electronic voice phenomenon)and one of them was a voice saying the same thing I had written down!
    I think a video camera and a voice recorder would be great equipment for a first time ghost hunter or anyone. The video camera to set up, let it run and see what, if anything, it catches on film. The voice recorder to ask the potential spirits questions and see if they answer! Thanks for your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...That's So Cool! :)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete